Monday, 23 January 2012

My Favourite..Hair Products for Coloured/Dry/Damaged hair.

I think the bigger the investment you put into your products, the better the outcomes, generally speaking. Thus bringing me to a shortlist of the most beneficial hair products available at the moment. These are found in a reputable hairdresser's, and won't be found in a pharmacy etc. I'm not going to deceive anyone, none of these products are by any means cheap, but they're more than worth their salt in their results. Though my hair is fairly manageable, due to it being coloured, it needs something to maintain it, these products are designed for hair of drier textures. I'll look into doing a list for fine, oily and limp hair types soon too. I'll also think about making a similar list of more affordable hair products for these hair types in the not too distant future.

These are the products I find most effective and worthy of their prices.

Macadamia Deep Repair Masque- The Macadamia range has been increasing in popularity in enormous amounts. Easily being one of the most popular ranges on the market at the moment, its fantastic packaging, good marketing, great smelling and very effective products. The Deep Repair Masque surpasses the entire range in my opinion. Only use a small amount once a week/fortnight, depending on your level of need for it, rub in throughout the hair, and let it work for 5 minutes to half an hour, rinse out thoroughly. It smells divine, and its affects are immediate.

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment- Think of this as the equivalent of dry shampoo in terms of convenience, you get all the benefits of the Deep Repair Masque but none of the time commitment needed for it. Can be used on damp or dry hair, before or after styling. Apply to mids and ends of hair, avoid the roots, or your hair will look like a bucket of grease! Again, as with all Macadamia products, it smells fantastic.

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Range- New to the market, but easily one of the best product ranges I've tried in a while. Available as in salon treatments (well worth it if your hair is coarse/ dry/ unruly/ coloured/ damaged- all but fine, limp hair will see benefit from this!), in larger bottles, or as gifts sets (retailing at around 40 euros for a decent quantity of products), it's definitely worth having a sample if you can at all. I've heard nothing but success stories about this one, and I myself am an avid fan. I'll be shocked to hear if anyone was not immediately impressed by their results. My favourites from the range are the shampoo and the cream-rinse. The shampoo can be a little difficult to lather, so you have to really work it through your hair, but the result is soft, relaxed hair. I quite like the sea- spray from this range, though this one is definitely not necessary.

Kevin Murphy Hydrate-Me Wash and Rinse- Kevin Murphy is big news in the hair industry at the moment, understandably, this shampoo and its conditioner are fricking amazing, I don't want to lament on about them, but I do love this range, the only issue I have with it being  the amount of squeezing of the bottle you have to do to get the conditioner out, and the shampoo oozes out of the bottle immediately without any squeezing. Such trivial faults have to be forgiven though, as these are definitely my favourites out of all the hair products I use. The smell is beautiful, subtle but lingering, you'll still smell it on your hair the next day. I've heard great things about its Luxury-Wash range but have yet to use it myself.

So if you've got extra cash floating around, have hair which needs some attention then get thee to a hairdresser and try out one of these products!

These are products which I've bought and tried for myself, I've listed my personal preferences and favourites and am not affiliated, encouraged or employed by any of these companies to promote their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment